How to store vegetables to stay fresh and last longer
Vegetables are perishable goods and storing it carefully is a must to have them fresh and last longer. Generally anyone go for vegetable shopping once a week and if we have a busy schedule sometimes it get extended to a fortnight. Even if we store in refregirator, unless we do it carefully they get spoiled or does not stay fresh .
Here are few ideas to store vegetables:
- Tomatoes: Take a bowl and fill it with water and add some salt. Keep tomatoes in that bowl. It stays fresh longer.
- Ladys Finger or Okra : Always store ladys finger in a paper bag rather than in a polythene cover.
- Never keep Potatoes and Onions together.
- Always remove the stems of green chillies and store them in airtight containor. The stems will spoil the green chillies and removing them will make less clutter while cooking.
- Leafy vegetables : Cut the roots of Leafy Vegetables which has dirt and remove any spoilt leaves. Store them in air tight containor.
- Always cut the stem of bottlegourd. If we keep the stem it will make the bottle gourd hard.