5 Ideas To Maintain An Organised Wardrobe







Finally, I succeeded in maintaining an organised wardrobe. After making many trials  but still having a frequent mess I thought of where did it  go wrong and what is that making my wardrobe a messy thing. I tracked my wardrobe in my bullet journal  ( see my posts on Bullet Journal, Live Every Day) for one month and then I have listed these 5 things to have an organised wardrobe.

5 ways you can maintain an organised wardrobe

1.Purge your wardrobe every 3 months: Every 3 months I have started reorganising my wardrobe and find it helpful to remove any clothes which does not fit, out of fashion, faded. For me this process of decluttering clothes was difficult initially but I made it ruthlessly to make an organised and nice wardrobe. 

2.Organise small clothes in separate baskets: Though I cannot organise in a professional way I kept those small items like socks, Napkins, inner wear neatly folded in small baskets. Those small square baskets available in any department store works good for this. This type of arrangement saves time and I just doesn't need to dig that pile to find tiny clothes. Particularly socks which just kills time if one is missing in the pair as we cannot wear that unless we find the other one. So I fold the socks like this and never missed other mate from the pair.




3. Categorise clothes: Arranging the same type of clothes at same place with same colour family makes selection easy. I know how may of them I have and can plan my next purchase. Every day I say that I have done with my Laundry only if I fold it back in the same place as it  is arranged. If not done properly this is the place where the mess starts.

4. Make space for good clothes: Now if I want to purchase a new outfit first I  think of whether I can make space for that new one which is coming home. I make my purchase only if I can say yes to this. It is a ONE IN ONE OUT rule which I read in an article. Iam not exactly following this but it helped me in removing old clothes from wardrobe without any excuses. This even changed the way I do my shopping. 

5. Select your next day outfit: Irrespective of whether I stay at home or go out I select my next day outfit. The biggest mess happens here because if it is not planned before then I just pull out from the foldings early morning which will be busy for everyone.

Take out all the clothes from your wardrobe. Only keep which you like and want to wear and make space for good clothes. 

Every one has their own perspective in doing things. I find these ideas helpful to keep my wardrobe organised, may be you can have different ways and new ideas to do this. Finally it is an organised wardrobe that makes life easier and happy.

Happy Organising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Siddhi Vinayaka Temple , Zaheerabad.

Sri Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple Simhachalam

Kamakshi Temple at Kancheepuram.